Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tools and Materials

Pictured here are the tools I will be using for the overhaul. First off, I have the complete MusicMedic.com saxophone repair kit and a set of RooPads with Maestro Star Airtight Gold Plated Resonators. Awesome! I hope my student appreciates this. I'll install these pads with clear shellac and check it as I go with the leak light.













To the right are all the tools I have collected over the years. The essentials will be the Butane torch, the pad slicks and my new MusicMedic swedging pliers.

The next picture is all the materials I've collected. Normally I use ultrasuede layered on cork on my own horn, but I will just go with tech cork on the students horn as it is less time consuming. Also in the picture are felts, pad leather, teflon (for sliding surfaces), wooden key wedges, and MusicMedic contact cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment